‘DRIVER / CUSTOMER / HIRER’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the RENTAL AGREEMENT.
‘RENTAL AGREEMENT’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’ and ‘Departure Checklist’
All prices quoted and charged are in £ (GBP)
- Hire rates quoted include:
Unlimited UK mileage.
Fully comprehensive insurance.
24-hour UK breakdown and roadside assistance.
- Hirer(s)/Driver(s) requirements:
All drivers must be between 23 and 75 years of age.
Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 24 months (UK Licence) or 24 months (European Licence).
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties during hire period.
At the commencement of hire the driver(s) must produce current driving licence(s) and another form of photo ID if ‘old style’ paper driver’s licence is held. Confirmation of address in the form of 2 recent utility bills or such like (dated within the last 3 months) must also be presented.
Drivers with driving licences other than UK/EU, please call us to check eligibility.
Driver(s) licence(s) must have no more than 6 points in the form of minor ‘3 point’ offences such as speeding or parking etc. (A ‘one off’ 6 point endorsement may be subject to an insurance surcharge – call us to discuss).
Driver(s) must have no more than one insurance claim (fault / no fault) in the last 5 years.
Driver(s) licence numbers must be submitted along with the booking form.
The price covers one named driver. Additional drivers may be added at an additional charge of £5 per driver per day (maximum of 2 additional drivers).
Our insurers will not cover the following persons: persons engaged in professional entertainment or professional sportsmen, jockeys (and persons connected with racing, gaming or press of any sort), undergraduates and or students under 25 years of age and foreign service personnel (other than persons holding a full UK / EU license for two years or more).
We require the hirer to set up a drivers license ‘check code’ two weeks prior to departure. This is a requirement of our insurer which allows us to view current drivers license information and save time on departure day as per instructions on the www.gov.uk website.
- Insurance and Standard excess.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Scotland Campervans to the driver(s) named on the agreement holding a UK, Republic of Ireland or EU Driving License.
Insurance for the named driver(s) holding a non-UK driving licence , non-Republic of Ireland or Non EU driving licence will be charged at an additional £2.50 per day.
The quoted hire rate includes a standard insurance excess of £500.00 In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property that involves an insurance claim, the hirer will be liable for the first £500.
Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates insurance. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland punishable by law.
Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable by law.
The theft of a Scotland Campervans Vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
Insurance does not cover or include the hirers’ personal belongings.
Insurance does not cover cost for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage for which the hirer is responsible.
Scotland Campervans will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults. Any call out charges incurred by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- Security Deposit.
A refundable security deposit of £600 is applicable for each hire period. This covers the excess on our insurance policy and any other issues upon return of the van. The security deposit is payable on (or before) the day of departure by cleared cheque or BACS transfer.
The security deposit will be refunded in full within 14 working days of return of the campervan, on the following conditions:
– No damage to the campervan or any third party
– Campervan returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time
– Campervan returned in the same condition as it was let out, the interior clean including all cooking appliances.
– All items are returned at end of hire in clean and full working order as per the ‘Departure Check list’ in the Rental Agreement.
– No fines, penalties or charges have been incurred.
– No loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle.
– The hirer agrees to pay Scotland Campervans any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
– A cleaning fee of £75.00 will be charged if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
– Scotland Campervans reserves the right to have overall say regards the internal and external condition of the vehicle including all upholstery and work surfaces, and the cleanliness of all supplied utensils.
– A full tank of diesel is provided at the start of the hire period and must be returned full. Security deposit will be used if fuel tank not returned full.
– Unauthorised late return of vehicle will result in a charge of £10 per 30 mins.
– The vehicle has not been smoked in (£75 cleaning fee)
Scotland Campervans reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events e.g.: festivals or rallies.
- Hire periods.
‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement
The minimum hire period is seven nights in high season and 3 nights in off season
Weekly vehicle hire is normally Saturday to Saturday, subject to availability. Other times may be available by prior agreement.
- Collection & Return.
Vehicles are available for collection from 3pm / Return by 11am
Non-standard collection/return locations will incur additional charges
Collection: Please allow 1 hour for the hand-over – to complete the documentation and demonstrate our vehicle to you. Please allow the same on your return.
Return: The vehicle must be returned on the date, and before the time stated on the rental agreement. Vehicles must be returned clean and in the same condition as they leave the depot, otherwise a charge will be made. A full tank of diesel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of hire and the hirer is expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of diesel. Any shortage will be charged to the hirer. See section 4 for further details.
Late return: If you will be late returning, Scotland Campervans must be advised immediately. Failure to advise may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured. An additional charge of £10 (GBP) per 30 minutes will be made for unauthorised late return of the campervan as we need to prepare the van for the next customer.
We accept no liability for replacement vehicle costs, travel or accommodation costs or any other consequential loss claims arising from breakdown, accident or any other such related causes. All accidents must be reported immediately by telephone to us on [XXXXX XXXXX]. An accident report form must be completed at the termination of hire. The hirer shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking fines, and for other offences committed against the Road Traffic Act or traffic regulations.
You are required to check tyre pressures and engine fluid levels as specified in the driver’s manual. Upon return the Company’s representative will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, etc., including the condition of the tyres and windscreen which is not included in the Company’s insurance cover, any such damage is the hirer’s responsibility.
The hirer is required to keep the vehicle under their control throughout the hire period. It must be locked at all times when unattended.
- Booking process and payment timescales.
Upon request, Scotland Campervans will send the hirer a booking form. A reservation is secured when Scotland Campervans acknowledge receipt of a completed booking form and cleared funds for deposit (£200 per week of hire).
Your deposit is due within 7 days of the date we send you the booking confirmation. If we do not receive your deposit within this 7 day period, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. We accept payment by cheque in Pounds Sterling or BACS bank payment.
The deposit is non refundable.
Once the reservation is confirmed, an invoice will be issued for the remaining balance.
The balance of the hire price must be paid a minimum of 6 weeks before the start of your hire period. If we do not receive the balance of the Hire Price by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and, in the event that we do so, you agree that we may retain your deposit.
If the start of your hire period is less than 6 weeks from the date we send you the booking confirmation, the whole of the hire price is payable within 7 days of the date we send you the booking confirmation.
For late bookings (less than two weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. Cheques will not be acceptable for late bookings (less than 2 weeks prior to departure).
9.a CANCELLATION BY Scotland Campervans
Scotland Campervans reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
– Named driving licence(s) is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
– Failure to provide photo ID if ‘old style’ paper driving license is held.
– Failure to provide proof of address in form of 2 recent utility bills dated within last 3 months.
– Failure to provide cleared funds for security deposit on or before departure date.
– Over occupancy of vehicle (maximum 5 occupants).
– No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
Scotland Campervans reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
9.b. CANCELLATION BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
– 4 weeks or less before departure date: 100% of total hire charge
– 4-6 weeks before departure date: 50% of total hire charge
– More than 6 weeks before departure date: deposit is retained.
- Violation of Traffic laws and Regulations
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under current Road Traffic Legislation.
Scotland Campervans will hold your security deposit for 14 days after the rental agreement finishes in case any traffic violation infringements are presented to Scotland Campervans for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period.
Scotland Campervans will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £20 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
- Use of the Vehicle
*FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY POINTS BELOW WILL INVALIDATE INSURANCE.*
During the rental period, the hirers agree that the vehicle will not be:
– Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
– In breach of UK speed limits.
– Driven in a prohibited area.
– Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
– Driven by persons under the age of 23 years.
– Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the Scotland Campervans Rental Agreement.
– Used to carry more persons than is detailed on the rental agreement.
– Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
– Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
– Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
– Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
– Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
– Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
– Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads.
- Conditions of Hire
The company’s camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Scotland Campervans and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.
Scotland Campervans are sorry to advise that no pets are allowed in our campervans. This is out of consideration to subsequent hirers who may have allergies. Any infringement of this condition will incur an extra cleaning charge of £75. For the benefit of other hirers, your co-operation would be appreciated.
Smoking is not permitted in our campervans. This is out of consideration to subsequent hirers who may be non-smokers. Any infringement of this condition will incur an extra cleaning charge of £75. For the benefit of other hirers your co-operation would be appreciated.
Scotland Campervans are contactable on [XXXX XXXXXX] throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Scotland Campervans in writing within 14 working days.